FTA INFOFLEX 2019
Sun Chemical to Showcase Wide Range of Solutions for the Flexible Packaging Market at INFOFLEX 2019
During the FTA INFOFLEX 2019, Sun Chemical will highlight its full portfolio of inks, coatings, and adhesives designed to enhance pressroom efficiency, produce flexible packaging that pops off the shelf, and improve eco-efficiency.
Inks Manufactured with Bio-Renewable, Natural Based Raw Materials
- SunVisto® AquaGreen™ water-based inks that are formulated with significantly higher levels of bio-renewable sourced resin content compared to other previous market offerings from Sun Chemical.
Ink Systems Designed to Enhance Converter Productivity and Meet Print Quality Requirements
- Sun Chemical manufactures products designed to both improve eco-efficiency in the pressroom and deliver value that benefits the brand owner and consumers. For example, Sun Chemical will launch a new UV LED product range for narrow web printers that is designed for sensitive packaging, low odor, and migration compliance. The series of inks and coatings cure at high speeds and meet the needs of an evolving marketplace where printers are transitioning to LED curing printers which use less energy.
- SunUno Solimax multi-purpose ink system for surface and lamination print applications for many commonly used flexible packaging substrates.
- SunStrato Insero 1519 is an all-purpose laminating flexographic nitrocellulose blendable ink system suitable for a wide variety of films and applications.
- SunStrato Flexo Pure Ultra White for multi-film, high bonds lamination applications, as well as SunSpectro Sunsharp White for surface print applications, are vibrant white inks that provide the high opacity needed for improved package appeal.
- SunSpectro Sunsharp HR solvent-based inks provide moderate heat resistance of up to 350 degrees, maintain excellent gloss, and are suitable for use with conventional and high-performance printing plates.
- SunStrato Sunester laminating solvent-based family of inks offer maximum color strength, low solvent retention, excellent adhesive and extrusion bonds, clean printing and film versatility.
Global Digital Color Management Workflow for Color Consistency
- SunColorBox, is a ‘toolkit’ that comprises a comprehensive set of applications and services aimed at supporting converters to produce consistent brand colors, anywhere in the world, within a fully integrated and optimized digital process, from design to press.
Coatings that Enable Lightweighting, Extend Shelf Life and Make Packaging Pop
- SunBar® (Aerobloc) oxygen barrier coatings. In addition to extending product shelf life, SunBar (Aerobloc) barrier coatings enable the lightweighting of packaging by removing polymer layers from packaging, as well as offering improved laminate flexibility.
- SunInspire™ specialty inks and coatings add visual magic to packaging, from metallic inks to glitter effects, pearlescents, and frosted effects.
- Adhesives Offer Compliance Benefits to Regulatory Migration Standards – SunLam Monomer Free adhesives push the boundaries of innovation in the manufacture of polyurethane adhesives for flexible packaging. This zero-migration technology is food safe and safe during handling.
For more information about Sun Chemical’s products on display during INFOFLEX 2019, visit booth #501 on May 6-7, 2019 at the New Orleans Memorial Convention Center Hall D in New Orleans.