Our Approach to Sustainability
Sun Chemical’s sustainability policy is based on the concept of eco-efficiency as defined by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). Eco-efficiency is achieved by the delivery of economically competitive goods and services that satisfy our customers’ needs and bring quality of life, while progressively reducing ecological impact and resources intensity throughout the life cycle.
Download our latest Sustainability Report which shows how Sun Chemical achieved its own recent energy and water usage goals and highlights various initiatives that have been implemented to increase the company’s overall commitment to developing sustainable solutions for customers, such as:
- A long-term strategic target to reduce CO2 levels by at least 30% by 2030
- The reduction of water usage beyond the 32% achieved in 2018
- The identification of areas to improve in driving innovation of sustainable procurements, as highlighted by EcoVadis, a leading provider of business sustainability ratings
- The company’s connection to CEFLEX to promote a circular economy for flexible packaging
- Greater levels of biorenewable content in Sun Chemical products
Sun Chemical is taking a phased approach to our sustainability effort and is using a roadmap to improve the eco-efficiency of our products and processes.
For our processes, we will:
- Set improvement targets for energy and water consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, and solid waste emissions.
- Measure and report these parameters, regularly, by site and by product.
- Establish actions to improve, then re-check and re-measure.
For our products, we have:
- A structured and robust approach to product development that includes risk management and eco-efficiency improvements as key criteria.
- An infrastructure for product stewardship that leads the industry.
- Proactive approach in working with suppliers, customers, and industry trade groups to promote best practices.
Energy carbon footprint
Process waste reduction
We are challenging ourselves internally to look for ways we can improve our processes at individual sites by monitoring key metrics to understand and manage our environmental impact. We will regularly report on the following parameters:
Sun Chemical publishes a corporate sustainability report every year, which focuses on these metrics.
Sun Chemical is committed to an established system of values and ethical conduct in all its relationships.
We are joining collaborative projects within the supply chain to integrate life cycle thinking into our approach.
To learn more about our products and services with sustainable benefits, see Our Offerings.
Download Our Sustainability ReportRequest
PARSIPPANY, N.J., USA – December 3, 2019 – Sun Chemical released its 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report, which focuses on how its commitment to sustainbility has led to new products and services that help customers improve their eco-efficiency goals. The 2018 report shows that Sun Chemical achieved its recent energy and water usage goals and highlightsRead More ›