TOKYO — November 30, 2022 — DIC Corporation will participate in the second annual Sustainable Material Expo (SUSMA) Tokyo Show, which will be held from December 7–9, 2022, at the Makuhari Messe convention center. The Company also plans to hold a simultaneous virtual trade show on its global website: https://www.dic-global.com/en/event/susma/.
In line with its redefined vision statement—“We improve the human condition by delivering color and comfort for sustainable prosperity—Color & Comfort,” the DIC Group’s booth at this year’s SUSMA Tokyo Show is planned around the concept of “Color & Comfort : Creating a Green Future” and will showcase products and solutions that contribute to carbon neutrality, a circular economy and quality of life (QOL).
On December 7, DIC is also scheduled also give a presentation as part of the Sustainable Materials Expo Special Session on DIC Group sustainability initiatives aimed at helping realize a green society. The presentation will include an introduction to the new DIC Vision 2030 long-term management plan by Executive Vice President Toshifumi Tamaki and an overview of sustainable packaging trends and related DIC Group initiatives in Europe by Nicolas Bétin, Global Sustainability Business Lead at Sun Chemical Corporation, the Group’s regional headquarters for the Americas and Europe.
Outline of Exhibition
Name: Second Annual Sustainable Material Expo (SUSMA) Tokyo Show
Organizer: RX Japan Ltd.
Date/Time: December 7–9, 2022, 10:00–18:00 (17:00 on December 9)
Venue: Makuhari Messe (Mihama-ku, Chiba, Japan)
DIC Booth: Hall 2 18–2
Special Session Presentation
Title: The DIC Group’s Sustainable Material Initiatives for a Green Society
Date/Time: December 7, 2022, 11:00–11:45
Venue: SUSMA-S1 (Makuhari Messe)
Speakers: Toshifumi Tamaki, Representative Director, Executive Vice President, DIC Corporation
Nicolas Bétin, Director of Product Strategy Packaging Solutions, EMEA and Global Sustainability Business Lead, Sun Chemical
Registration: Individuals interested in attending the special session presentation can register in advance at https://biz.q-pass.jp/f/5183/mw_seminar_apply_tokyo22/seminar_register
Products and Solutions Featured
Contributing to carbon neutrality
– SUNDHOMA® BU unsaturated polyester resin
– POLYLITE® biomass polyester polyols
– TYFORCE® reactive hot-melt adhesives
– ACRYDIC® AU-7015-BIO and other biomass acrylic resins
– GLOBINEX® and other biomass plasticizers
– POLYCIZER® highly flowable biomass plasticizers (for biodegradable resins) CRISVON® and HYDRAN® series biomass polyurethane resins
– DIFAREN® A7440 Bio biomass Nashiji film
– DICARBO® LF innovative carbon fiber–reinforced prepreg
Contributing to a circular economy
– Mono-material packaging solutions with barrier properties
– Deinking solutions for flexible plastic packaging
– DUALAM™ solvent-free adhesives with two separately applied adhesive components
– Food-safe, environment-friendly ultra low monomer (ULM) isocyanate technologies
– Closed-loop polystyrene recycling system
– DIFAREN® Easy-Peel Film series coextruded multilayer films
– Easily disassembled packaging solutions employing double-sided adhesive tapes
– HYDRAN® series waterborne polyurethane resins
– CERANATE® organic–inorganic hybrid coating resins
Contributing to QOL
– Spectrasense™ and Sicopal® near-infrared (NIR)–controlling black pigments
– WILMISH™ antiviral and antibacterial agent
– LUXYDIR® CH-S-2092 high–refractive index series and other UV-curable resins for optical applications DIC Spirulina health supplements
– DHA Origins™–510 microalgae-derived docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) oils
About Sun Chemical
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sunchemical.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram or Twitter.