Our solutions for solar heat management empower new design possibilities. While dark surfaces with standard black pigments intensively absorb solar energy and convert it to heat, our functional black pigments can be used to formulate systems that reflect sun radiation.
Solar Heat Management Pigments
Less Heat for More Design
End Use Markets
- Keeps surfaces cooler, requiring less air conditioning
- Reduces CO2-emissions and energy costs, while enhancing comfort
- Maintains durability even after prolonged exposure to solar irradiation
Building and Construction
- Allows flexibility in color and design as well as reduces thermal load
- Enhances comfort while reducing energy costs
- Increases mechanical stability and lifetime of plastics, coated and printed surfaces
Laser transmission welding is the preferred method of joining plastic parts whenever methods like ultrasonics or vibration create scratches or dust. Additionally, it can be used when thermal or chemical methods can influence electronic or medical parts. We offer more flexibility and productivity in high-end welding fields with our functional solutions.
The cool and smart black NIR-transparent preparation for PVC combines color with functionality. Its utmost dispersion level leads to attractive appearance and high transparency. Add it to your heat management toolbox for building and construction and automotive applications.
Pigment Finder: Explore Our Portfolio of Colorants for Plastic Applications
Explore our entire line of color materials for plastic applications with Pigment Finder. You can also learn more about the breadth and depth of color for sustainable performance to the plastics and fibers industries on our plastics homepage.